In our consulting projects, we work with our customers to analyze company needs, and then apply the best improvement tools and strategy, rapidly delivering bottom-line results. We start by working with leaders who strive to achieve dramatic performance improvement. We then collaborate to clarify what results we must achieve and then orchestrate the necessary changes to generate that outcome.
Our clients have been able to implement breakthrough improvements by utilizing Lean Six Sigma and Big Data concepts and tools. By working with an internal leader and a project team, we use hands-on teaching, training, and coaching for rapid improvement. In addition, by giving short bursts of instruction and guidance to internal leaders, we are able to minimize a company's investment yet maximize its learning and financial return. We have a proven method for reviewing accomplishments and lessons, analyzing results and obstacles, and then creating detailed action plans.
Some of the results from consulting projects have included quote-lead time reductions, product-pricing redesigns, equipment reliability improvements, and significant capacity increases. To gain these results, we use the following tools:
- Six Sigma
- Lean Enterprise
- Kaizen Events
- Big Data
- Business Process Improvement
- New Plant Start-up/Plant Redesign
- Team Development
- Change Management
The following are some consulting projects that Aslinger & Associates has developed:
- Designed and implemented work-cells using lean manufacturing concepts improving productivity by 40 percent and reducing scrap by 50 percent at a major healthcare products manufacture. Annual savings of over $1 million.
- Utilized six-sigma breakthrough process and quick-changeover techniques to improve reliability and uptime on a liquid packaging line by 28 percent in 4 months. Annual savings of $250,000.
- Utilized Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts to redesign the work-flow for a medical device manufacture resulting in 25 percent reduction in work-in-process and 20 percent reduction in labor cost. Total savings over $1.0 million.
- Working in conjunction with Procorp Associates, developed plan for integration and performance improvement of a large Titanium Dioxide Chemical Plant acquisition. Specific elements developed were plant baseline performance analysis and development of continuous improvement strategy utilizing Six Sigma concepts and tools.
- Primary consultant to Kilgore Flares Company in Toone, TN for Lean Six Sigma implementation. Provided Champion, Process Owner (management), 3 Green Belt, 1 Black belt, and 2 Yellow belt classes to date. 4 Green and 1 Black Belt class scheduled for 2011. Savings to date exceed $1 million.